FIVE THINGS WE LEARNT ABOUT NIGERIAN YOUTHS AT THE ASO VILLA DEMO DAY
The ASO Villa Demo Day 1st Pitch session which held yesterday was indeed a showcase of the diverse intellectual brain powers embedded in the Nigerian youth populace. From Agricultural solutions leveraging technology to medical and emergency services to Power solutions, whoever said young Nigerians aren’t creative and entrepreneurial sure missed the mark.
Here are five take home points we left with:
1. A major bulk of Young Nigerians are enterprising and creative who only need the right opportunities and enabling environment to truly succeed.
2. Nigeria isn’t in lack of good solutions to its problems, it only lacks the leadership will and forthright thinking to create an enabling environment and support structure to make these work.
3. The future of Nigeria’s progress lies in its youth and the brain child they each carry, neglecting them is akin to shooting oneself in the foot.
4. Nigerian youths are relentless and dogged fighters. A good number of those present had not been cleared to pitch their ideas but nevertheless stayed put and were later assembled for a make shift round of selection.
5. Sometimes ideas do not have to have a clear profit line. It’s socially impactful it will somehow eventually turn profitable. Examples abound around us BudgIT, Co-creation Hub, Google are testaments to this.